Sunday 4/17: earning turns at Waterville

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audrey

Reaction score
Waterville Valley ski area has just closed, and Pat and I are heading up on Sunday morning to hike and ski the leftover snow. The weather will be warm and cooperative. We'll be arriving at the base area at about 8:30 (White Subaru Outback). If that's too early for you, you can always join us later. We'll hike up to the Schwendi Hutte, ski a bit, have lunch on the deck in the sun, and ski some more. Snowshoers are welcome too - you can hike up to the summit of Tecumseh via the Sosman trail.

I would be interested in joining you. My plan was to do Tecumseh at the end of the week but this sounds better, and the weather looks good. I will bag Tecumseh as its on my all season list. 0830 is a good time for me. I have a red Subaru Forester with Mass tags and a VFTT sticker on the back. I'll be snowboarding down the mountain. See you there. TJH

*sigh*

This is just another incentive for me to pick up some gear and start learning how to make tele turns.

Count me in for ... next year. :D

I just can't bring myself to christen my brand-new Karhu Pyxis trying to do turns with them, especially with 3-pin non-releasing bindings. :(

I'll wait until I have proper skis for this kind of stuff.