Yeah, But Did He Get Charged?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, it looks like he did a lot right. If he hadn't been adequately prepared, he wouldn't have lived for 8 days. Yikes. The only mistake he made was not telling people who were in town where he was. His friends were out of town, so the rescue started a week late.

Apparently, he broke his leg while cross country skiing. Not something I usually worry about when XC skiing!!

I agree. He made a mistake not telling people where he was but he could not have survived 7 nights if he wasn't prepared and skilled.

I don't expect to break a leg CC sking either. It happens and he was prepared. He should be pointed to as a poster child for what happens if you are skilled and prepared. If he had let somebody know where he was going and when he would return he probably wouldn't have had the frostbite. If he looses any toes that will be very unfortunate.

Keith

Hey, I happen to agree. I think the fact that he survived is amazing and inspirational. But...would he be charged? He was rescued after all. He was solo (which I happen to do myself quite often).