Garfield Campsite

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr_wu002

Reaction score
I hate asking questions like this but I find it unavoidable today. How bad does the Garfield Campsite fill up on a Saturday? I'm thinking about starting at Lincoln Woods Saturday Morning and heading over there. Sunday morning I'd leave and more or less complete the Pemi Loop.

I basically know the answer to this but is there legal camping at the Garfield Pond (old lean-to site)?

-Dr. Wu

Last edited:
There are some spots on Garfield Pond...the backside far away from the trail. The site of the leanto is hard to tell. I think there are a couple of spots with some no camping signs (these are probably where the leanto is). But, I did find a place to pop a tent or two in the area. I think they may even be legal, as they are quite a way off the trail. Might be close to the water, however....

We camped off the trail between the Pond and Lafayette before, but that will probably put you too far west for your plans.

Can't answer the other half of the question, as I have never actually stayed at the true campsite before.

two saturdays ago there were 6 or 7 people in the shelter and 3 platforms had been doubled up. we were the second to last people to arrive; maybe about 5:30 or 6 pm.

weather forcast was great for that weekend except for friday afternoon thunderstorm.

hope this beta helps.

BTW the garfield caretaker has been to bear pond and may know something about getting up the headwall, or know someone who has....sounds like a great loop.