"Not so cheap" sleeps in the Whites ?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chip

Reaction score
Is there anything right there, like The Mt Washington, that has an in-door pool, maybe some activities and food where my wife and boys would have fun while I did some day hikes ?

the beacon?? in north lincoln.
google in gorham,i think there's one on the north side of route 2 in the middle of town!

I just looked at the Indian Head Resort website and noticed they have 7 day midweek pass of $199 d.o. Does anyone know of other resorts that offer similar mid week packages? That is a great deal. Package that with a few midweek ski passes and skiing is not only fun it is affordable again. Okay, I forgot the gas to get there, but what the heck we can't have everything.

The Attitash resort hotels in Bartlett (but not this weekend as there will be 20 rugby teams there!) Most of us were able to get rooms in the $50-80 range, some with jacuzzi's.

Chip,

A friend of mine has a condo that he rents out in Lincoln. It's on 112 (the Kanc) and is called Rivergreen Condo. My wife and I stayed there last month and really liked it. The prices are very reasonable. If you would like more info, let me know and I can send you a link to his website where you can check it out with your wife. They also have an online availability calendar for convenience.

I do not feel comfortable posting his website in a public forum without his permission, altho he'd probably thank me for the free advertising. :p Anyone else is welcome to contact me if you're interested.

Rob

White Mountain Hotel

Chip,
If you want something on the North Conway side, try the White Mountain Hotel, off Westside Road (not cheap). It reminds me of a scaled down version of the Mt. Washington Hotel. The food is great (especially the friday night seafood buffet and breakfasts!) and the dining room is circular and looks across the valley at Mt. Cranmore and Kearsarge. They have an outdoor pool and hot tub - both heated year round ( there is nothing more fun than swimming outside during a snowstorm!). North Conway is very handy for shopping, eating, and the Mt Cranmore athletic club offers activities (indoor wall climbing, etc.). My family loves this hotel (we stayed there the night I finished my NH4K).

sal

My favorite place in the Lincoln area is the Lodge at Lincoln Station.

I've stayed at the White Mountain Several Times that's a nice hotel & the food is great. White Mountain Pool & hot tub are outside & heated which is kind of neat in winter but unsure I'd bring my 2 & 5 year old old in winter to swim

The other thing we did last year was to stay at a Condo off of the Kanc in Lincoln that we found on CyberRentals. My Dad & his wife &our two kids + my wife & I, If going for a long weekend, I'd look into that.

You could sort by bedrooms, price & location

Thanks for the memories, (I'm likely staying at Hiker's in two weeks at the other end of the accommodation scale :( )

Chip said:
Is there anything right there, like The Mt Washington, that has an in-door pool, maybe some activities and food where my wife and boys would have fun while I did some day hikes ?

Chip,

Though this place was not my style, I did stay there once and I must say it was beautiful. They are spacious and there is a large indoor pool for kids. It wasn't for me because I don't like condos but I noticed many families enjoying themselves. Me?, I just spent more time on the trails. However, the place has a good location for hikers. As for food, you can certainly bring your own but I remember a good restuarant up the street called The Scarecrow Pub. I don't know if it still exists but the food was good and cheap.

Enjoy.

Nordic Village