46 ADKHighPeaks and more in one day.

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil

Reaction score
Every February ADKHighPeaks forum has a gathering at the Ark Trail Inn near Keene.

Other than the usual eating and partying this year we are doing 2 other things with this gathering.
  • Attempting to put someone on top of each of the ADK 46 plus a few other peaks.
  • Raising funds via participant donations for repairs to the Mt. Adams Firetower

So far, about half of the 46 have been spoken for.

More details about this may be found here.

If you're interested in taking part you are more than welcome.

Reactions: arm
Neil, so the date is Feb 20 ? Are there any "rules", like if a group wanted to do Phelps and Wright on the same day to help with the coverage, are we supposed to cover the peak at a certain time ?

I'll answer haven taken part before. There is no set time like some other multi summit events, that you have to be on top. In winter just sitting around up there waiting isn't really an option. If your breaking trail you get there when you get there. The early the better though because you can get back to the Ark for food, beer and fire.

Neil, me and somebody will take Table Top and Phelps.

Anybody want some winter ADK peaks ? I'm thinking of heading in early friday, doing Algonquin (and Wright and Iroquios if we have time), heading down to Avalanche and camping between there and Table Top somewhere, then doing Table Top and Phelps on the way out to the party Saturday. That's all assuming there isn't 4 feet of fresh snow, in which case I'd probably head straight towards Table Top on Friday, set up camp and see what we had time to do, maybe Marcy. I'm a moderate pace hiker; steady with few breaks. I have a winter tent and some extra gear, including snow shoes and crampons, if needed. I'd be driving up from CT probably EARLY friday morning and back to CT on Sunday after eggs and aspirin. Lemme know.

No, there's no rules to speak of. Our objective is first and foremost to cover the peaks. If that means that some people have to double or triple up that's fine although we would prefer it if we had enough people so that each peak gets covered by one separate party.

That doesn't stop anyone from going out and bagging a bunch of other peaks.

Hypothetically, we could have 5 distinct groups each bag all 5 Dixes but each group would only have their name on one particular Dix for the pourposes of our event.

I added your name (you and "somebody") to both Phelps and Ttop but since you constitute one party I might end up putting someone else's name on say, Ttop, even if you plan on doing it as well.

Another bump.

They'll be a small group of us leaving the Loj parking lot at about 8am (7:30am is our planned arrival time) on Friday to try for Wright, Algonquin and Iroquois. A couple of us are camping up in there and another will return to the Loj lot that afternoon. Saturday me and Puck will cover Tabletop and Phelps as early as possible to get out in time to get cleaned up at "The Jackrabbit" and head to the Ark.

Plans may change friday depending on the snow cover and our rate of travel, but Tabletop and Phelps will get done on Saturday.

Saturday me and Puck will cover Tabletop and Phelps as early as possible to get out in time to get cleaned up at "The Jackrabbit" and head to the Ark.

"Cleaned up"!!!:eek: You didn't tell me this is a formal!

You are allowed to wear a backpack and hiking boots. That is all.

(No size limit on the pack and it can be altered with leg holes and arm holes.)

Neil is the compliance officer and is stationed at the door.

All peaks have been accounted for, but there are still options to join somebody, or do a trade! Or if somebody wants Seward, that seems to be an option as well.

This thing is going to rock!

About 20 hikers from the Québec forum wil be at the Ark and between them are covering 18/46 mountains.

Go team Quebec!

Hey, Dial and Nippletop have opened up, so for all of those who were sad they got closed out, here's your opportunity!! Grab 'em both, and join in the fun!