100% guarantee stores?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
campmor (my favorite place away from the trails)
they also have an in shop repair dept.

their return policy is awesome plus the returns end up on the racks highly discounted.

met the owner a couple months ago, cruising the shop and helping customers(quite a nice guy) i might have freaked him out when i mentioned that his shop was like a church to me!!!!!

I might be missing something, but Campmor doesn't seem to offer a 100% guarantee based on what I read on their website. However, their customer service has been nothing less than excellent with everything I have purchased and/or had to return.

Campmor's Guarantee (from their website):

Customer satisfaction is our goal. All merchandise in resellable condition may be returned for a refund within one year of purchase when accompanied by your receipt. If used and found defective, we will exchange or repair within one year of the purchase date when accompanied by your receipt. Save your packing materials and manufacturers warranty together with your Campmor sales receipt and invoice. After one year if you believe there to be a problem not caused by normal wear and tear, you should contact the manufacturer directly.

RE: campmor

i don't know what they (campmor) "state" is their return policy but they have been more than awesome with any returns i've ever had. and, one time i ordered 2 different shirts on clearance; they were on sale real cheap - like $7 or so; well they sent me the wrong sizes so i called them up. they told me to keep the shirts & they'd send out the right sizes also; free of charge! i mean come on how great was that! since it was their mistake, they would have to pay to return them & it wasn't worth the cost since they were so cheap. so i gave them to someone else who could use them. now that's service.
and sierra - i've asked them how they can have such a liberal return policy on items that are often deeply discounted. they not only have no time limit on the return; but they will take back used items! no problem. you can wear a pair of hiking boots for a year, decide you hate them & you can return them - no questions asked. how the heck they do that is beyond me. hopefully not too many folks abuse the policy or it will ruin it for everyone but it's been that way for years.

ask Abe

He knows all the 'free rental' places...

Sg

The Sportsman's Guide offers 100% money back at any time. I've used it and they have stood by it every time so far. I too prefer to shop at places I know I can return it to with no questoins asked. I usually use LLB or SG.

It seems like these stores need this guarantee to survive. I made the mistake of buying an experimental pack from Moosejaw. Their website is "fun" and the ylook like good guys, but try to return something and see how they really shine (not). They did eventually comply with my request but it was like pulling teeth and I had to fight really hard! Needless to say, I don't shop there anymore. It must, however be difficult to be a startup in this industry!

Jasonst said:
It seems like these stores need this guarantee to survive. I made the mistake of buying an experimental pack from Moosejaw. Their website is "fun" and the ylook like good guys, but try to return something and see how they really shine (not). They did eventually comply with my request but it was like pulling teeth and I had to fight really hard! Needless to say, I don't shop there anymore. It must, however be difficult to be a startup in this industry!

Happy Birthday Jason!!!! :D :D

Jason,

Re MooseJaw

Not my experience at all. I bought a second pair of boots from them last year based on my known size but when they arrived they were still a tad tight. I returned them and they replaced them with a half size larger and everything went real smooth. Guess like everything else there are good days and bad days.

Bob

HikerBob said:
Jason,

Re MooseJaw

Not my experience at all. I bought a second pair of boots from them last year based on my known size but when they arrived they were still a tad tight. I returned them and they replaced them with a half size larger and everything went real smooth. Guess like everything else there are good days and bad days.

Bob

Sounds like your gear was still new. The problem with mine was that I used it on an overnight hike. A lot of these stores understand that you do need to try out this stuff to see if it's a good fit. This is where they gave me a problem. The way I look at it is that there are so many choices in where to buy outdoor equipment - why buy from one that gives you a hard time on returns?

Last edited: