- Sep 5, 2003
- Reaction score
- Wilmington Peak
12th Annual Adirondack BBQ and GatheringWHEN IS IT?:
August 8-10, 2014
WHERE IS IT?:
At Corenne and my new place in Cranberry Lake. Look for a brown log cabin with a brown tin roof and green shutters, sign will be out front.
Physical Address: 504 Tooley Pond Road Cranberry Lake, New York
Coming through Tupper Lake?
• Follow Route 3, west, out of Tupper Lake. Drive through Piercefield and Childwold and into Cranberry Lake (roughly 30-minutes). Pass through Cranberry Lake and just before the bridge over the Oswegatchie River take a right onto Tooley Pond Road. Continue for just over 2-miles to 504, our house is on the right.
Coming from Potsdam/Canton Region?
• Follow Route 56 out of Potsdam to Route 3 (roughly 45 minutes). Turn right onto Route 3 and pass through Cranberry Lake and just before the bridge over the Oswegatchie River take a right onto Tooley Pond Road. Continue for just over 2-miles to 504, our house is on the right.
Coming from Watertown/Syracuse Region?
• Follow Route 3 out of Watertown until you pass by the Cranberry Lake sign (roughly 1.5 hours). Cross the bridge over the Oswegatchie River and take an immediate left onto Tooley Pond Road. Continue for just over 2-miles to 504, our house is on the right.
Recreation in the Area:
• We are roughly 45 minutes to 1 hour from Coreys
• Under 2 hours to Upper Works
• 1.5 hours to ADK Loj
• 1/4 mile from Paddling on the Oswegatchie River
• 2 miles from the boat launch on Cranberry Lake
• 10 minutes from Tooley Pond and Tooley Pond Mountain
• On the same road as the famous waterfall tour
• 2 miles from the Cranberry 50
• 10 minutes from the Inlet Boat Launch site for the Oswegatchie River that accesses High Falls
• 5 minutes from Cathedral Rock
• 20 minutes from Mount Arab
• 45 minutes from Long Lake
• Much more paddling just minutes away
Camping, lodging, and food:
We have plenty of room for camping on the property. Not a ton of lawn but many acres of wooded land where tents can easily be set up. We have room for some small campers as well. Parking is along Tooley Pond Road, but ample room.
We have our typical large fire pit ring for visiting, trip planning and libations.
There are some options for lodging in town as well; Stone Manor in Cranberry Lake, Cranberry Lake Lodge, and The Packbasket in Wanakena (B&B Lodge).
There are some options for dining as well; Pine Cone Grill in Wanakena, Cranberry Lake Lodge and Stone Manor.
What’s going on?
It’s the usual gathering but in a different place. While the gathering in typically Friday through Sunday, people are welcome to come on Thursday if they wish to get a head start on the weekend.
FridayMost everyone arrives throughout the day and sets up camp. For food we sometimes order in or go out for dinner, I make arrangements at the Pine Cone Grill or Cranberry Lake Lodge. Many fend for themselves. Planning for Saturdays outing is usually a hot topic. I will lead a paddling trip on Tooley Pond and down the Tooley Pond Outlet for all those interested and maybe a short hike up Tooley Pond Mountain afterwards.
SaturdayAll the big trips go out and usually leave pretty early. I am unsure at this point on what I will plan, most likely a hike. That night is the beer swap, so bring a sixer or grower of local brew from your area and put it in the kiddie pool, then help yourself to whatever you want to try. Bring a local wine if you prefer. That night is also a pot luck dinner, so bring a little something to share. Corenne and I will be doing up clams again and maybe some local sausage with peppers and onions. We have a grill for people to use and a little bit of fridge space. Bring a cooler if you have one.
SundayAnother gathering is coming to a close. Corenne and I will be leading a paddle down the Oswegatchie River that day to Newton Falls. The boat launch is just up the road. Many other small outings are usually planned, but after Saturday night, many head straight home. We try to go out for breakfast on Sunday morning; I can make arraignments at the Stone Manor.
If you have any more questions please give me a shout via email, it’s the best way to reach me or by phone.