4 Corners (AZ/NM/CO/UT) info?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My suggestion is to make a choice beforehand ... a taste of as much as possible (with a plan to return to the favorite(s)) or a focus on one or two of the attractions. It's a big country out there and you can waste too much time just schlepping around. One week is just not enough time.

Also, enjoy the honeymoon while the honeymoon lasts. You can always come back when you're not talking to each other :eek::D

Also, enjoy the honeymoon while the honeymoon lasts. You can always come back when you're not talking to each other :eek::D

Good one, Stan! ;)

I got the MOON travle guide for the area and all of their suggested itineries are for 14 days. So I know I wont be able to see it all in a week. I'm just trying to find a balance between quality/quantity.

Hey Roadtripper, thanks for the headsup on Horseshoe Bend! It's definately on my list!

http://www.travelsw.com/southwest-trips/southwest-trips-arizona/horseshoe.htm

Here are some more very subjective reviews of this area to help you in your planning. I based my reviews on this time of the year and for shorter hikes (instead of longer/harder ones):

Town of Durango, CO - 7/10
Monument Valley - 7.5/10
Town of Moab - 9.5/10
The Wave - 10/10
Antelope Canyon, Page, AZ - 9/10
Four Corners Monument - 4/10
Mesa Verde - 8.5/10
Arches National Park - 10/10 (Delicate Arch = 10/10, Double O Arch = 10/10)
Corona Arch, just west of Moab - 9/10
Horseshoe Bend, Page, AZ - 9.5/10
Canyonlands, Needles District - 8/10
Moab Brewery - 9/10
Goosenecks State Park - 7/10 (may not be open this time of year)

You may want to read "Desert Solitaire" before leaving as well. You'll love the area 10x more after that.

Can you tell this is my favorite region of the entire country? =)

Last edited:
Roadtripper,

Why only 7.5* for Monument Valley? I think that's what I'm looking forward to most of all.

bob

Last edited:
Mesa Verde is really a helluva take. That first picture in the WSJ article is of the Spruce Tree House, one of the few sites that you could approach this time of year. That's the down side of visiting Mesa Verde in March - half the park is inaccessible. (The good thing is that we were one of about only 15 cars in the part that was open.)

One area that doesn't have the noteriety of Mesa Verde is Chaco Canyon, about 3 hours down Rt 550 in New Mexico. The ruins of Chaco are more accessible than MV, as paths take you inside the walls of the ruins. My opinion only, but Chaco seems to have more of a spiritual, mystical, aspect to it.

The brewpubs in downtown Durango aren't quite as striking as the Parks but the waitresses are better looking and the beer is colder. But that's another story.

bob