#43 & #44

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ADK Hiker

Reaction score
Accomplished my climb of Giant & Rocky Peak Ridge on Sunday 8/24. These were #43 and #44 for me. We got to the trail head about 7am and signed the register. Immediately we began the climb up Giant. The trail was in great shape with hardly no mud. It was a cool, but sunny morning as we began our climb. The hike up to Giant was very uneventful. Reached the summit in 2.5hours and took in the views. Took our usual summit photos, had a snack, and were soon chased off by a group of bees in a pine tree on the summit. Began the decent back to the junction. Once at junction, we began our decent to Rocky Peak Ridge. The decent off of Giant toward Rocky Peak Ridge was steep all the way to the col. I thought the accent onto Rocky Peak was fairly easy and gradual. We summited in less an hour, took in the views, photo shots taken, and then we began the decent and accent back onto Giant. The accent back onto Giant was made more difficult by the hot sun and no wind at all. I think this was the hottest hike I have had this summer. Once back at junction, we saw another couple coming down from Giant. We chatted for a little bit and then both began our decent down. Saw several other people on our decent making their way to Giant. Signed out at register. This hike took us less than seven hours to complete. Was a great day in the high peaks, even with the hot temperature.

Looking forward to my two final peaks on September the sixth. :)

cool beans....Its got to be a great feeling one one hand to see the reward so close..on the other hand, the fun getting to the accomplishment is almost over...unless you count doing them again :D great job

No Una Dogger I'm saving Whiteface for the 46th so my children can enjoy it with me.

Thanks Yvon I'm not far away now:)

Viewseeker, it is a good feeling to be so close. I don't plan to stop with the 46er though. I'm going to do some of these others that I see on the boards. I live close to Catskill so I am going to do the 35. I do plan to try and do the 46 again though as my kids get a little bigger. :)