A bridge between 2 summits in the alps

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This reminds me of the Observation Platform at The Grand Canyon, an abomination.
I don't really care, maybe they were losing tourists to the edge there.

scrambling the ridge looks way safer ... I wonder of they have security up there making sure no one goes "out of bounds". I don't get it, is there a hidden gap I can't see in the video, that ridge does not look that hard ?

Last edited:
Exactly what I was thinking....Why not just walk across the ridge, looks like a very reasonable (perhaps even fun?) scramble. Why do you need the eyesore, visible for 10's of miles in every direction?

I plan on donating something similar that will connect Wildcat and Carter Dome, once I pass away. It will be 201 feet below Wildcat's summit.

Brian

Why wait until you pass? Donate now, and you can experience the benefits of your malefaction. ;)
It looks like 2/3 mile long, which should provide lots of sway. Not to mention playing trail angel as you drop treats onto thru hikers 1100 feet below. What could go wrong?

My first post here. :)

The bridge is 31 inches wide, 351 feet long and can handle 300 people at a time... Hmmm...I sure hope they use some sort of a signal system for folks going in opposite directions. I think that's about the same width as the catwalk nail into the cliff-side at Avalanche Lake :)