A Emotional day hike......

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Good Climbing!"

Alain, it has been a true honor to have literally hiked in your footsteps and to have met you occasionally on the trail (always as I was on the ascent and you were descending! :D). Congratulations on your amazing feats in these wonderful mountains, and good luck on your next goal, whatever that may be. Hoping to see you at the dinner.... - ALGonquin Bob

Alain, you are truly a man of the mountains. Sometimes we just have to be alone on those trips. On one of my many trips alone I remember so vividly the day I met the little rabbit and his big friend. The highlight of my day. Congratulations!

Simply awe inspiring!

BlackSpruce said:
Alain a huge thank you is in order as well since to your inimitable achievements you can add that countless climbers who became Winter Forty-Sixers during your own quest would have never done so without your "guidance".

While I'm not a winter 46er or even a regular 46er yet I can say this statement is very true for myself. On my first winter climb I hiked Wright, Algonquin and Iroquois. When I came down Algonquin there was no sign of a path towards Iroquois. I looked around for a while and wasn't really comfortable just heading over towards Iroquois. I reluctantly made the decision to head down when I noticed a lone hiker heading up Boundary. I decided to go for it and follow this hikers footsteps. I pushed myself like crazy and eventually caught up to him just about at the summit of Iroquois. Much to my suprise it was Alain and Pin Pin! I was so excited to meet him and to be able to finish my first three winter peaks with his "guidance". If it weren't for him I most likely still would not have been to Iroquois. So a big thank you from me to Alain and the little rabbit that could!

Alain,

I can't remember how many times we met in the mountains we both love. Each time seeing you with a big smile and fast pace was an inspiration. You always lifted my spirits and it made me go faster. Of course, I tried many times to play the fox, but was never able to overtake the speedy rabbit. Good luck, my friend.

Last edited:
Alain,
In my mind two words sum you up:

humilité et partage.

And a third: class.