A little armchair hillwalking for your enjoyment

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No Trees! What's the highest peak, like 4000'? Looks like there are about 300 Munros (above 3k). Sweet pictures. Summer trip! What is airfare Logan --> Glasgow run ya?

-Dr. Wu

4000 from sea level

No Trees! What's the highest peak, like 4000'? Looks like there are about 300 Munros (above 3k). Sweet pictures. Summer trip! What is airfare Logan --> Glasgow run ya?

-Dr. Wu

Howdy

Next May's trip $600 R/T from Logan and a free grope:eek:

YEAH, 4000 FEET is pretty much the max elevation, but considering that the majority of hikes begin at just about sea level, they are predominately more difficult than our NE mountains.

wow, very nice !

Hey ! I can almost see the Auto Road, Cog and Observatory:

p1070009.jpg

Munros

I spent a couple of weeks in Scotland in the summer of 1988. Took the ferry across Loch Ness, had some wonderful smooth amber colored liquids, visited a battlefield or two, a handful of castles (I liked the German castles better), and I looked up at the hills and wondered. So, I bought a book in Inverness called The Munros: The Scottish Mountaineering Club Hillwalkers' Guide, 1986 edition.

Since then, I've pulled the book off the shelf and looked through it many times, thinking how much the Munros look like our own White Mountains above treeline. Not terribly tall, exciting weather, beautiful vistas, craggy, with a great mix of hiking trails and technical climbs, and your pick of a tent or a bed and breakfast at day's end. Getting back to Scotland and climbing in the Munros is definitely on my list of things to do.