A Potential Tragedy While Whacking MacNaughton

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha, no, he's not my dad. He's just referring to a separate incident several years ago that was much worse. That one had an eventual happy ending as well, though!

Weren't there broken bones in that incident? Your father, IIRC?

Weren't there broken bones in that incident? Your father, IIRC?

Yes, but not father. He sustained stitches in his mouth, a third degree concussion, and a deep gnash in his knee.

Peter was the one who broke some bones. As I recall he bruised his face quite a bit, cracked his pelvis in several locations, and broke his femur. He has made a complete recovery now, however, and has been back on the trails for at least a year now.

Yes, but not father. He sustained stitches in his mouth, a third degree concussion, and a deep gnash in his knee.

Peter was the one who broke some bones. As I recall he bruised his face quite a bit, cracked his pelvis in several locations, and broke his femur. He has made a complete recovery now, however, and has been back on the trails for at least a year now.

Rule #1....Be carefull hiking w/ Tyler;)...

Rule #1....Be carefull hiking w/ Tyler;)...

Crossed my mind as well, especially since he just posted that he's looking for partners for next weekend.:eek:

Yup, that's true I suppose. It's funny, after that accident none of my dad's friends would hike with us any more, which was very sad! However, a bunch of other people then wanted to hike with us.

People's reactions to non-typical situations are certainly interesting.

I guess it's a hike at your own risk when you come with me!

The funny thing is, for all the times I've hiked solo, I've had no troubles (nothing dire or close to these at least). It's when I hike with other people that things seem to happen...to them. I guess I should stop cursing people with my presence....:confused:

So have you and your dad started to make plans to go back and get the true summit?

:D

P.s. Great story, thanks for sharing.

So have you and your dad started to make plans to go back and get the true summit?

:D

P.s. Great story, thanks for sharing.

Hahaha, righttttt.

Thank you.

And just a big blanket thanks to everyone who posted their helpful, supportive, thoughtful, questioning, kind, and encouraging replies on here. I never expected to receive the feedback I did, or to have as many people read and be affected by this. I really appreciate you all!