Adams and Madison (Air Line, Gulfside, Osgood, Watson, Valley Way - 22 June 2014)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raven

Reaction score
Date: 22 June 2014

Trails: Airline from Appalachia to Mount Adams. Air Line, Gulfside, Osgood to Madison, Watson Path, Valley Way to Appalachia.

Trail Conditions: all trails are in fine shape with no issues that I recall. Air line is dry and Watson is rocky as always.

Comments: gorgeous day out to be above the trees with sun, cool air, and very mild winds. It was the day to be out if you were French Canadian; I had a few enjoyable conversations with our friendly neighbors to the north. Ooh la la. In typical Sunday fashion, I wasn’t really planning on hiking when I got up. I woke a bit tired from hiking these two mountains the day before with Petch, Crazy Bob and the rest of the crew from the Great Gulf side (GG, 6Husb, Buttress, Star Lake, Air Line, Gulfside, Osgood). After four cups of coffee, water, food, and an hour cleaning up the AT trailheads in Gorham, I finally got the itch and hit the trail about noon. Too nice a day to not be out there. For a brief moment, when I had the area to myself, I was treated to a raven perched atop the summit boulder of JQ Adams. When he flew by, I could hear the percussive “whoosh” as his wings beat the air.