ADK Winter Gathering le sept.

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil

Reaction score
I can't believe it that the upcoming ADK winter gathering will be lucky seven.

Here's what you might want to know:

• When? February 11-13, 2011.
  • Where? Ark Trail Inn, Keene, NY
  • Who? Anyone who wants to come.
  • How? People start to roll in on Friday night for some chit-chat, turn in early and do a hike on Saturday. By Saturday afternoon around 4:00 people start showing up in the Ark's salon/dining room and they keep on showing up all evening long.
  • Food? Pot luck (there will be a thread organizing the food).
  • Additional Lodging: (To name a few) Randomscoots Cabin, Jackrabbit Hostel, Brookside Inn, Keene Valley Hostel. The Ark Trail Inn has a limited number of rooms and they usually go very, very quickly.

Considering that most people are working on some kind of list (115, 115-W, 770, ADK-HH, 46, 46-W, 46-4 seasons, 46-12 month grid, etc. etc.) this will be our 3rd winter attempt at getting someone on top of each of the 46. We have yet to be successful at this, but it sure is fun trying! This year, in order to increase our odds of summiting all 46 peaks the "peaks 'n' people" organizers will be working to avoid large groups on a single peak if other summits are not covered. Stay tuned for an announcement and for the opening of peaks and people thread.

We won't be updating threads on VFTT regularly so if you're interested your best bet is to stay tuned to ADKHP.

Room at the Ark

If you need a room at the Ark, I have one available..PM me.

Just giving this a bump. The remaining 5 peaks that are not covered are Porter and the 4 in the Sewards (Donaldson, Seymour, Emmons
& Seward)
. Link to the Peaks and People Thread.

I know Chip and Puck are going to be there.

I can get everything at work (it's good to be the boss :D)

Last edited:
All the peaks are covered.

They are covered in snow too.

Maybe some more New Englanders looking for something to do may want to come on down to the Dacks and join one of the teams.

The first post in this thread shows each of the ADK 46 with the names of the people who are going to attempt it.

http://www.adkhighpeaks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12681

If you're interested just let me know here and I'll do the rest.