ADK's This weekend

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubba

Reaction score
I'm heading up to the High Peaks this weekend for "our" annual Fall weekend. This is another in a series of a multi-multi-year weekend tradition when several friends all gather to hike and party in LP. Problem is that all of those hiking friends now golf! My 46r partner even told me he wanted to fly fish this weekend! :eek: WTF?

My wife has agreed that she'll do a scenic, but not all day hike one of the days. I'm thinking maybe Hurricane or Noonmark -- new ones for me and adding to my ADK100 Highest list.

Solo, I'm thinking about doing something over on the otherside of LP - McKenzie... but I'm up for anything.

Any plans or wishes to put something together, let me know (PM, email, cell). I'll be around Sat, Sun and Monday. I looked at the LP weather forcast and Saturday is 30% showers, Sunday clearing and Monday mostly clear.

I'll be up before the weekend tagging a bunch more peaks on my 46er list -- are you guys thinking Noonmark on Saturday? I'm heading home that day but would be up for something smaller. ;)

With the forcast the way it looks, I thought that Sunday or Monday was the better day for the "scenic" hike. But if you're going to be around and wanna meet up and tackle something before you head out - let me know.

I'll be in the Inlet/Old Forge area starting Sunday and going through Friday. If you happen to pass through the area or want to drive that far to hike a firetower mountain I'll be around. Teejay will be joining me. I'm staying at the eighth lake campgound.

In Speculator

Bubba, Daxs, and Teejay,
If your plans take you anywhere near Speculator, stop in to either Wards or my place. There's always Snowy mountain (and loads others, Pillsbury...) in Hamilton County to climb. Boat is still in the water, and there are 7 yaks available! Wardy is there year round, and I'll be up Friday afternoon. You're always welcome. (I'll buy!) Lance

daxs said:
I'll be in the Inlet/Old Forge area starting Sunday and going through Friday. If you happen to pass through the area or want to drive that far to hike a firetower mountain I'll be around. Teejay will be joining me. I'm staying at the eighth lake campgound.
I was just in the area and loved it. Did Bald and got that firetower! Great views. I'll expect a report on Eighth Lake campground. I was eyeballing it as I went through.

slamdog said:
If your plans take you anywhere near Speculator, stop in to either Wards or my place. There's always Snowy mountain (and loads others, Pillsbury...) in Hamilton County to climb. Boat is still in the water, and there are 7 yaks available! Wardy is there year round, and I'll be up Friday afternoon. You're always welcome. (I'll buy!)
I'll have my yak with me, so if you have something planned worth the drive, let me know!

Both/either/all of you -- come up and do some climbing! Slammy - we still gotta celebrate one of these daze. Daxs - maybe mrs bubba and I will come back through that way on Tuesday!

Bubba,
Did you come up with a plan? As you know I'm more likely to just show up than to make a firm plan. I may be in the high peaks Sunday. Do you know where you will be? PM me if you prefer.

Rik,
Looks like Sunday is going to be a better day than Saturday, so I'm thinking that I'm heading into Noonmark with mrs bubba.

Saturday is still up... I said after my 46 that I was going to work on those trailheads I pass on the way up (Rt. 3 and 86 -- so McKenzie is on the radar with the loop over Moose.

Other than that - I'm open for whatever. I'll have my yak with, so you name it. I'll PM contact info.

Yup, heading up Sunday early afternoon. Eighth Lake. Looking forward to a firetower or more, seeing if I can stay afloat in a kayak, and can smell free beer from 50 miles away. Slamdog, yours or Wardy's? Camp, I mean. It doesn't matter which of you has the beer.

teejay