Allen...12-30-05?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PINPIN JUNIOR

Reaction score
Happy Christmas. ;)

Maybe it is your plan to go to Allen this winter...

If You are serious, Junior and Me We have the plan to go the 12-30-05.
With the snow condition We think it will beter to have partners, every body welcome, We will see the forecast and We will made a final decision around the 28... ;)

Your pace it is not a excuse, in 24" to 36" of unconsolided snow every steeps it will be a help!!! :D

Have a great holliday time!!

Pinpin Junior. :)

Timmus on Allen

Welcome Timmus, :)

Yes it is perfect, We are 3 peoples and a rabbit for this project.... ;)
O.K.Junior One Rabbit and 3 peoples!!!! :rolleyes:
Who's the next?

Merry Christmas Timmus.

I will e-mail You the day plan probably the 12-28.

Pinpin Junior. :D

Allen

I am unable to make the 12/30 trip but may try for 12/31 or during the next week sometime. If you do make the trip please post trail conditions regarding possibility of skiing in at least the early portion of the trail to the gravel pit or to Skylight Brook. Thanks, Mike

Allen Allen Allen....

Hi every body. ;)

It is the confirmation of the Allen plan the 12-30

Timmus, Alex, Sir Edmund....every othe warrior with the same interest... :cool:

The metting will be at 6 h 30 m the 12-30 morning at the Allen parking.

We hope for the semilare snow conditions we had in Cliff yesterday. :D

Take care, :rolleyes:

Pinpin Junior. :)

PINPIN JUNIOR said:
The metting will be at 6 h 30 m the 12-30 morning at the Allen parking.

I'll do my best to be there at 6h30, but I can't guarantee. So don't wait for me, I'll catch up (yeah, right :rolleyes: )

Pin-Pin, what is the approximate driving time from Mtl to Allen's Parking lot ?

PinPin,
Are you meeting at the yellow trail that goes by Mount Adams?

Me and a friend may join your group.

Montreal-Allen parking time.

Hi Timmus.

Many things can make a different (road conditions, line up at the border, turtle driver :mad: in small road etc...) ;)

But I thing from Montreal (Champlain bridge) probably around 3 hours.

After a short breffing We will strat slowly (around 2 m/h)for this nice challenge. ;)
Usualy it is not very difficul before the sand pit and the fun start near Allen brook. :D

We hope for You.

Pinpin Junior. :cool:

Allen

Pinpin

I had the pleasure of meeting you briefly last March on a trip to Donaldson, Emmons & Seward. I was w/ HarryK & a few other folks & we did enjoy the beers that you left behind for us. I would love to joy you on Allen but Friday is bad for me. I hope to attempt it on Monday 1/2/06 & am sure that you will leave a very well defined trail. Have a great trip & I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Shin

Allen 12-30-05.

Hi every warriors of this group.

Many tanks each of this group. ;)

Without loser in this day in not very easy snow conditions!!!

At 6 h. 30 m. 3 warriors was ready to start for this challenge: Alex (the younger) Jef (the tuff) Mike (the moderator).
Just after We signed the register a car coming, Ye!!! a other warrior Jo (the young older).

Easy start from the parking to the Adam junction old consolided snowshoes tracks.
The challenge start just after, the last people to hike for Allen was 11-25!!!
In a difficult crout snow over around 3" to 6" on dry or wet snow the progress was slow.

We used the thecnick approah: rotation of the snowplow every 500 steps, Junior lose the count a couple of time every body like to stay in from!!! :rolleyes:

Without trouble to cross all the brooks.

Little bit more difficult when We started to go up after Allen brook, but nice surprise over 3,500' the croust give a better support. :D

The slide was so much easy. Unfortunately without view on the summit We was in the cloud, but a the top of the slide nice sunny place and many cloud shadows in the mountains around.
Other nice surprise at the bottom of the slide a nice woman (Timmus) We do not know We know Timmus (July) We meet her in the last Macomb trip.
I up my hat with a starter time at 4 o'clock form St-Bruno near Montreal alone She took the decision to go up Allen. Congratulation... :cool:

Near Allen brook crossing a other surprise Bruce also alone with a good determination and without trouble He knows He will return for a large part in the dark conditions!!

Junior and me We hope every body have great time.

If You need Allen it is a good time with this snowshoes tracks to go for this challenge. But Allen is a long hike You need to have a good determination the same determination We find in the eyes of this group!!!!

Pinpin Junior group (What a GROUP)

Allen Trip

Pinpin,

Thanks for a great hike. I like the trip report. See you in the mountains.

Mike

I would have liked to been there.
Alain with times that you take to make the paths I believe that you are too fast for me, I do not believe that you and I can make a hike together one day. I will be able to begin but very soon you will lose me. You are fast, not because i heard about you and read your trips reports, it is because i met you once in the path towards Rocky PeaK and having seen you literally fly over the rock, I know this. But I like to know where you passed because you open the ways to some of us.
With the pleasure to meet you again soon.

PINPIN JUNIOR said:
Other nice surprise at the bottom of the slide a nice woman (Timmus) We do not know We know Timmus (July) We meet her in the last Macomb trip.
I up my hat with a starter time at 4 o'clock form St-Bruno near Montreal alone She took the decision to go up Allen. Congratulation... :cool:

Allo pin-pin

Thank you so much for helping me getting my #29, yes, that one was something !! I hiked 10 hours (total 11) with a hurting leg, finishing in darkness, thought that those long returning miles will make me insane. At one point I checked my compass to make sure I was in the right direction, all those ups and downs on Flowed Lands trail are confusing. It was indicating north... I freaked out for couples of minutes until I looked the map. I was just fine. I also met Alex at the end of the day, felt good to be with somebody. Thanks Alex !

I was back in Montreal area at 10 PM, and gosh I was tired. But it was all worthed :) I also have to say that the road conditions that day were very bad, so nothing was easy that day.

Good thing that I made Allen double bubble, because I am not ready to go back there soon :eek: :eek: :D

Allen revisited....

Hi hikers.

After a easy day in the base camp, We just read and listen jazz music!! :cool:

We started late only at 8 a.m. from Allen parking, but with only 2" new snow in lower altitude and 4" over Allen Brook, on a perfect snowshoes tracks it was a piece of cake to hike Allen today!!! Ye!!! :)

Thank You for the 5 peoples hikers to keep this nice path in perfect snow conditions. ;)

We need 4 hours to arrive in the summit and Wevreturned at the parking with a chrono of 7 hours 26 minutes. :D

With the warmer days in from us maybe the snow conditions will be change, but We hope We will stay with a good hard base.

Have great hikes. ;)

Pinpin Junior. :D