any ideas for a quick overnight??

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captain

Reaction score
So I will be in MA sat. afternoon (south shore) and I would really like to head up sat. night for a quick overnight...hoping to leave S.S. MA by about 5:30 and get up to the whites around 8:00-8:30...any ideas on a route where I can head in from the trailhead a bit and set up camp for the night before it gets too dark...and get a good 8-10 mile loop in on sunday before getting back to the car?? Many thanks!!

You could park at Appalachia, hike in at least 1/4 mile and pitch a tent. Next day, hike either Madison or Adams (or both). If you'd be willing to do a bit of night hiking, you could park at the Great Gulf trailhead and camp at Osgood tentsite or the Bluff, then do Madison on Sunday.

SherpaKroto said:
North Twin. Either pick up a site along the Haystack Road, or hike in a short ways and set up 200 feet off trail (the roadside sites are usually available)
You read my mind. A road spot on the Haystack Road or a short walk into the Fourth Iron campsite would be fine for Sat night, then just dayhike whereever you want on Sunday.

-dave-