Anyone do the REI Garage Sale today?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JJD

Reaction score
I went the the Reading store this morning and got some pretty decent stuff at a remarkable price. Anyone else check it out?

Bummer, I didn't know it was going on or I would have been there.

Got a $250 Sierra Designs tent at one of those sales for like $60 once.

So what did everyone get?????

- darren

Here's my bounty....

REI Ascent Anti-Shock Trekking Poles : Retail $99.95, Sale $19.83
REI Peak UL Air Shock Trekking Poles : Retail $149.00, Sale $24.83

Both of the pairs of trekking poles are in perfect condition, like new. At the urging of one of the employees I pieced together both sets from the myriad of partial poles in the bin.

REI Quarter Dome UL Tent : Retail $209.00, Sale $25.83

This one was missing the poles, but I couldn't resist.

Thermarest Prolite 4 Sleeping Pad : Retail $89.95, Sale $19.83

The only problem with this pad is a small hole. Apparently whoever bought it didn't feel like undergoing the daunting task of using the included patch kit. :confused:

Native Eyewear Hardtop Polarized Sunglasses: Retail $135.00, Sale $22.83

These are somewhat of a reclamation project. The pins that hold the earpieces to the frame are broken off. Since the pins were molded into the frame they aren't quite so easily replaced, but it's doable.

All in all it was a pretty good haul. $682.90 worth of gear for $113.15, 83% off, I'll take it!! :D

Plus on the way home I stopped by Wally World and picked up a $15 down jacket!

REI sale

Lawn Sale-REI sends out an email to members-the sale is for members only-and I think advertises it in the stores as well. I went today to the store near me, but didn't find anything I really needed. But they did have a bunch of packs, some clothes, a few sleeping bags, a lot of returned shoes and boots as well as miscellaneous stuff.

I didn't get any e-mails or any other notification about it. I read about it on REI's website. It was under the Events section on the Reading store page.

Missed my chance

I knew it was going on due to my last visit to the store. I thought I'd receive a reminder email. Completely spaced it. :rolleyes: Oh well sounds like some people got some good deals that I couldn't get to.