Azizcohos question

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg

Reaction score
This is kinda late notice, but I'm headed to Rangeley Saturday morning and wondered if anyone had any info regarding the two trails up this mtn. I'm thinking of taking the trail "from the NW" as the Maine White mtn guide calls it, if all goes well.

Greg, what in particular would you like to know about these trails? The MMG does a fair job of describing how to reach both trailheads and what each trail does en route to the summit of Lower Aziscohos. Neither trail is terribly long or difficult, and the mountain is overall very family friendly. Further details can be viewed if you go into the Trip Reports forum and search for "Aziscohos."

Do them both - the trailheads are only about a mile apart. I like the NW one best. The only tricky spot has been getting through the warden's cabin clearing and finding the trail again - just go diagonally to the left. In recent years the path there has been much better defined, though still wet.

Thanks for the replies.

Good idea doing both, Audrey. I guess I was asking how easy they were to find the trailheads and how the trails were. I ended up not hiking there this past weekend. Spent most time doing family related things and never quite got the time to do it, though I did manage a quick jaunt to Piazza Rock and the lean-to. But I'll be going back and will do it then for sure. Thanks again.