Backpacks redux (a.k.a. "Busted!")

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I travel for work, quite a bit! As it turns out - the times I order stuff on line (usually the weeks I'm home) it all shows up at the house during the weeks I'm away - so yes, I get the same phone calls "What did you order this time?" :mad:

HA! I thought of you while reading this thread...after the conversation we had with our wives a couple weeks ago. :D

So the question for the group is: has your spouse/significant other/POSSLQ ever busted you on your gearwhoredom and/or cost thereof? Has he or she come storming into the room waving the credit card bill accusatorily, or does everybody go to REI armed with a stack of Jacksons...?

Discuss...

"Melissa Hale is tired...glad her husband went to VT tonight or there would be a serious homicide in south hadley tonight!July 8 at 9:33pm · Comment · LikeUnlike"

That was her facebook post the day our credit card statement came in. Its not that we don't have the money to pay it, just that my wife HATES spending money

Every time I want to buy something I need to have a good argument prepared about why I have lived with out it so far, yet need it now. I think after 3 months I am finally getting the green light to buy a new back pack

She automatically assumes that I am buying something just to buy it

Last edited:
Happens all the time.

I called home the other day and at one point in the conversation I got...

wife: By the way, there's a Campmor box on the porch.

me: Oh good.

wife: Wasn't there just a Campmor box on the porch last week?

me: I forgot something.

wife: You must have forgotten a few things, it's a pretty big box.

me: Really? Must be a lot of packing.

wife: There's something for me in there right?

me: Ummm...you did need some new outdoor cookware didn't you?

wife: You're an a......!

This after she poked her head over my shoulder the other night while I was researching canoes on-line and said, "just buy the f...ing thing, I know it's going to show up here sooner or later. The kids don't need to eat next month." :D

She has her hobbies too, so we don't really fight about it much. I'm not a huge gear junkie either. I don't generally buy stuff unless I'm pretty sure it's going to suit my needs and I'm going to use it.