Bartlett's Carry: Upper to Middle Saranac

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chris, great idea! I'm looking right now at my old NF pack and the fanny pack unclips very easily. The Ospresy is a pain in the arse according to the reviews. I was told the new Osprey's fanny pack is easier but I bought an old one.

Chis, just read old trip report from last year and checked date. It will be almost exactly the same dates.

Update: 3 weeks and 2 days!

Any updates on the ice?

Drove past there 2 days ago... still frozen! Lake Flower had some areas of open water mixed with mostly frozen surfaces. All the other lakes were still ice-covered.

Thx AB....can you keep us updated once in a while? If I recall your going to PA the weekend of 4/22?

Change of plans - I'll be available to break ice with you. That lake will be frozen until approx. that weekend; I hope it's sunny!

Jay? Carol? just want to keep you updated....

gonna bring the iron skillet and it's Passover! Gonna make some good "french toast matza"! ask Chris.....Matza ball soup will get boiled in other pot :D

who knows, maybe i'll be able to "part" the Saranac Lakes!
Just gotta have faith ;)

Drove by all those lakes today and took some PHOTOS: http://tinyurl.com/April-Ice-Rt-3

Not quite ready for prime time!
2781974420071072332S600x600Q85.jpg

So, maybe we can sleep in Hammoks? Or just tie the boats to an iceberg and sleep in the boats.

Update! Saranacs are still iced in at this time. It looks like a Long Lake to Raquette River to Axton Landing possibly into Tupper Lake, or from Axton Landing (spot a car if road is driveable) toward Indian Carry? didn't realize how the winter can affect paddling plans :confused:

I would expect that the Stony Creek Ponds would still be icy, preventing you from reaching Indian Carry.

Update! Saranacs are still iced in at this time. It looks like a Long Lake to Raquette River to Axton Landing possibly into Tupper Lake, or from Axton Landing (spot a car if road is driveable) toward Indian Carry? didn't realize how the winter can affect paddling plans :confused:

David, we have a real winter in upstate New York, not a wimpy warm winter like down in NYC! :D

Trip was cxled :mad:

Makes me appreciate last years trip at the same time without a spec of snow or ice. Bummer..