Baxter in early August

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drweo

Reaction score
Looking for hiking companion(s) for a trip to Baxter State Park in early Aug. I hope to climb Baxter, Hamlin and No. Brother (maybe go to Fort as well). No reservation yet but plan to stay/hike on weekdays. Will make reservations when the dates are set and will try BSP first. Should arrive in so. Maine Aug 5 or 6 and be in the Baxter area Aug 6 or 7. (Plans still forming) If space is avaliable in the park, I will camp, or stay in a bunkhouse; a cabin, if available, is a possibility too, sharing cost. PM or email and we can discuss details.

Baxter

Sounds interesting. I was considering going next week- just show up and see how it goes from there.

I thought thatit would make the most sense to stay at Chimney Pond- two nights should do it.

You have a good chance of getting a space if you try the last minute reservations with a credit card two weeks in advance.

Thanks, Peakbagger

for the suggestion. I am speeding towards the completion of my NE115- I only have these 3 and Reddington left. Then I get to do them all over again in the winter (I already started). :D