Best Burlington area night-time adventures?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chugach001

Reaction score
I'll be working in Burlington quite a bit over the next few months and looking for some night-time adventures. I live in SoVT so don't really know the area well. Skinning and skiing the local resorts is obvious. I'm sure Mansfield and Camelback have some nice night time views of the city and lake.

Any others you might recommend?

Camels Hump on a clear night, either up for sunset & down at your leisure, or up for the sunrise, is pretty hard to beat.

Assuming decent ice, it can be great fun to go out on the lake at night too, but I'd consult local ice fishermen about that.

This isn't free, but night skiing at Bolton under the lights can be a pretty good time.

They got a few very nice breweries over there, check out viewsandbrews.com and look at the places to visit in the Burlington area. I took my wife there for a weekend in the summer and had a great time just touring the area, have fun!

They got a few very nice breweries over there, check out viewsandbrews.com and look at the places to visit in the Burlington area. I took my wife there for a weekend in the summer and had a great time just touring the area, have fun!
Yeah, what he said! :D

Thanks. I also just found out about Catamount Nordic Ski center which has lighted xc skiing right near where I'll be working.

Thanks for the lake idea. I have nordic skates and certainly plan to get out, conditions permitting. I'll check out Camelback for sure. And lots of breweries and great food.

Once the weather warms, there are several excellent rock climbing (mostly sport) spots around Bolton. These are about 30 minutes from Burlington. At least one of the spots, Bolton Quarry, has some ice too I think, but I've never been there in winter.

What is this Camelback that you speak of? I know the area very well, but am not familiar with it.

On Friday nights, there is skiing under the lights at Cochran's. It's less expensive than Bolton, closer, and is unlike any other area you've ever been to.

There are countless hikes, i.e. Mansfield, Camel's Hump, spurs off the Long Trail, etc. that you can do by headlamp. You can ski sections of the Catamount Trail by headlamp.

There's indoor climbing at Petra Cliffs.

Camel's Hump. Sorry, Camelback is another mountain.

So, what's the best trail for Camel's Hump at night this time of year?

Found some great headlamp skate skiing last night. Stowe tomorrow night.

best trail for Camel's Hump at night this time of year

Burrows & Monroe are both good. Burrows trailhead is closer to you (Huntington) and the trail is a little more direct. There are a number of more involved routes you can do on the mountain but I wouldn't recommend them for in the dark. Probably your best bet is up the Burrows, stick around for sunset over the Adirondacks, then go back down the same way.