Best way up Chocoura?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally did it!

I finally did my planned hike up Chocoura today. Thanks for all the input guys. I chose to do Champney up and back and what a helluva nice hike it was. Even tho I've been hiking for years, I've never done Chocoura either because it was too far from my former home in Mass (~3 hr drive) or I was too focused on the 48. But I think you've got to include Champney on any list of "bang for the buck" hikes. What an awesome VFFT!

It was incredibly windy today so I didnt spend much time on the summit, but I managed to find an alcove on the east side out of the wind where I could huddle up and eat lunch.

I met only one person all day -- a young man that I thought I recognized from an avatar -- but I got no reaction from him when I told him that "I thought there were some great VIEWS FROM THE TOP today. I guess he wasnt one of us.

Thanks again to everyone for your opinions!

bob

Nice, yeah Champney is cool, but like I said, that's the only way I've ever gone up Chocorua which has been 3 different times. So I am still thinking up Brook and down Liberty may be the choice for this weekend. Hey Bob, you mentioned you were doing this 5/21 which was 2 days ago, how was it? 7.5 mi round trip doesn't seem too bad as long as upper Brook isn't tough which by the sounds of it, doesn't sound too too bad.