Better Quaility Videos With My Canon A550

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adktyler

Reaction score
Better Quality Videos With My Canon A550

I have a quick question about my Canon Power Shot A550 camera. On my video setting, I'm wondering if I can change something to make the videos look better when I upload them onto a video host site like Youtube. I know it's a fairly basic camera model, but is there any way to make the video look less grainy? Or is it a way of uploading it on the video host site?

Please also talk in laymen terms, I'm very illiterate when it comes to camera technology vocabulary.

Thanks! :)

Last edited:
YouTube provides the following help on this subject:

http://help.youtube.com/support/youtube/bin/answer.py?answer=132460&topic=16612

Make sure your camera is set to the highest resolution. On my A570, you turn the dial to the movie camera, and use the func/set key, and arrows to select and change the frame rate (30 fps or 15 fps, 30 is better) and the resolution (640x480 or 320x200, 640x480 is better).

Tim

Beyond shooting at 640x480 and 30fps there are essentially no further controls on the movie mode. Youtube will turn any video into poorer quality in an effort to reduce loading time, so if you can host it directly that will give somewhat better quality.

Beyond shooting at 640x480 and 30fps there are essentially no further controls on the movie mode. Youtube will turn any video into poorer quality in an effort to reduce loading time, so if you can host it directly that will give somewhat better quality.

I feel a "Duh Tyler" answer coming on, but how would I go about hosting it directly? Thanks.

And thanks, Tim, I'll try those.

Last edited:
I feel a "Duh Tyler" answer coming on, but how would I go about hosting it directly? Thanks.

And thanks, Tim, I'll try those.

You're welcome.

Hosting directly means that you provide a URL to your own website and keep the high-resolution source file (avi, mpg, wmv, QT, whatever) there. Some ISPs provide you some web space as part of your package, i.e.,

http://your-user-name.home.comcast.net/

corresponds to the home space (if enabled) for Comcast subscribers.

Tim