Big Squaw

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dms

Reaction score
If you happen to find yourself in Greenville on Saturday, join me and my son as I finally, after 25 years of trying, finish the New England 3ks! I've been told that there are great Views From The Top.

Wow!!!

What an achievement! Here's hoping you have great weather for the finale!! Congrats.

:)

Looks like I'll be a little further South and West on Saturday but congratulations anyway. Big Squaw was probably the first 3K I did that was not on the AT. This was back in October 1995. I wonder if the remains of the wardens cabin are still there. Again congratulations and well done!
Jim

That's a huge accomplishment. Congrats in advance and best of luck. I can only imagine how small the list is for people who have done that.

Thanks Jim and Jamie! It's been a long road, but a most enjoyable one! I just love getting out into the mountains.

Big Squaw is also known as Big Moose Mountain, right? I hiked that three summers ago and it was a really nice climb, with beautiful views at the top of Moosehead lake and the surrounding area. We didn't run into anyone all day and it was a nice day - I was surprised. Enjoy your hike this weekend and congratulations.

-katie

Thanks Katie! Yes, they are one and the same. I've been going up to Greenville for over 20 years and I just can't get used to the new name. Oh well, you can't teach an old dog new tricks, I mean names!

Artex said:
I can only imagine how small the list is for people who have done that
reminds me of a quote:

"Never measure the height of a mountain until you have reached the top. Then you'll see how low it was." - Dag Hammarskjold

good luck Dennis !

Thanks Spencer, I remember the beautiful summit photos that PB posted on your trip with him to Big Squaw last spring, hopefully the weather will cooperate.