Bike Week in NH

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peakbagger

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Remember folks, its Bike Week in NH starting this weekend. Avoid Rt 25/16 south of the whites and be aware that things are going to be bit more noisy in the whites this weekend !. (one of the main entertainments is for large groups of Harley's to go cruising around the whites).

They're here...

Ah, the roar of exhaust...

Just sat in a little traffic on I-93 before the roadwork around exit 27. Just gotta keep telling myself it's good for business. And that I'm escaping to go hiking ASAP!

my favorite week

I work down in the Lakes region ( actually about 3 miles from the heart of bike week). I love watching the bikes roll through at work. Last year Indian Larry was eating right across the street. Dont forget those boys from OCC, we watched them set up as Paul Sr. barked out orders just like the show.

Dont forget the hillclimb on Wed. or the vintage race on Sunday, the kick-off of bike week.

Last edited:
I avoid it like the plague...always hear about what a money maker it is though.

Bike week is OK. Just a lot of people who like to have fun. Like hikers...:D . I drove up today, 93, 25, 16, all fine. Not nearly as bad as a race weekend.

Steve

Not nearly as bad as a race weekend.

Ayuh. The NASCAR weekends to steer clear of Loudon this summer are:

July 22-25 12th annual New England 300
Sep 16-19 8th annual Sylvania 300

Good thing we'll be in the Catskills for that second weekend!
:D

Nadine said:
Do they still have a Priest come and bless the bikes?
Do you suppose he'd bless my hiking boots?
I believe the Blessing of the Motorcycles is later, in Colebrook - about as far from Laconia as Medway is from Bangor :)

You could wear your boots on a motorcycle ...

Just back from a 4 day fly fishing weekend in upper NH. Saw a poker run of over 150 bikes in Errol. It would have been nice if they let us drive out of the parking lot to get on 16 south as they stopped at the intersection. Instead, we just sat there staring at them while they blocked the road. Other than that, it was a quiet weekend, bike wise.

Yup, bikes

My family has a camp on Lake George here in NY, and Americade just blew out of here. News reports said 50,000 bikes. Trust me it was loud. It is also fun, and it is a boon for motels and eateries from Saratoga to Ticonderoga.

I am heading to Mt. Washington this weekend for the uphill road race. I totally forgot about Laconia. Should be fun. Or not. We made campsite reservations for i think it was Green Meadows campground yesterday, so the crowds near there can't be too bad.

I ran the Reach the Beach 200 mile race from Bretton Woods to Hampton Beach last fall during the NASCAR race weekend, and it wasn't as bad as i thought it would be.

I went up to NH during bike week a couple times in the early '80's when I had a bike. Cruising around in a small group can be a lot of fun but a few times I found myself catching up to one large group and then another large group caught up to me and then you realize what it's like to be hummin' along in a pack of 50 bikes. Very unnerving! Really hightens your senses.

JohnL

WMUR reports that starting on Friday, Rollercoaster Road will be closed to through traffic, meaning Meredith will get more traffic leaving the Lakes Region.
Does anyone know where Rollercoaster Road is?
Does it have a route #?

rollercoaster road

Rollercoaster road connects NH route 106 A.K.A. Parade road with U.S. route 3. In english it brings you to the intersection just north of Funspot and right across from the Broken Spoke and the Broken Antler.

This road is usually on traveled by the locals.