Black bears that aren't

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Artex said:
Here's an interesting article on ESPN Outdoors on a subspecies of bear that's unique to B.C.

Article is here

From the Article:

"Robinson talks to the bears he finds, convinced that over the years they have become used to his calming voice. Sometimes he gets close enough to touch them."

Great, another guy getting friendly with the bears! :eek: Some people just don't learn... :(

Your more likely to be killed by a human than a bear but for some reason we still keep getting friendly with people. I guess we really never do learn. :D

Tom Rankin said:
From the Article:

"Robinson talks to the bears he finds, convinced that over the years they have become used to his calming voice. Sometimes he gets close enough to touch them."

Great, another guy getting friendly with the bears! :eek: Some people just don't learn... :(
I'd rather talk to a black bear than live with a grizzly anyday. ;) :D

I saw a great show on those bears once. Because of how they are isolated, nature took a recessive gene and made it a more dominant one (white color). Pretty cool creatures. I guess in Maine there is the "V" bear, which is a black bear with a white "V" on their chest. Farther north you can find many colors of black bear, such as chocolate, tawny, and even blonde.