Black Diamond Firstlight

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought one recently and used it on a two-week mountaineering trip to the North Cascades a few weeks ago. Although it didn't get much of a work-out because the weather was beautiful, I'm happy with its performance. I was worried because it is not fully waterproof. But I seam-sealed it meticulously and it stood up to the one night of rain we encountered on Mt. Shuksan without a single drip. I plan to use it whenever the weather is not an issue, which is most of the time I head out in the northeast. Sleeps 2 comfortably without gear and, as you know, is light as a feather.

Guinness and I used one on Shasta recently. It has quirks to setup and take down but it's still fairly easy to setup and can be done from the inside so when it's raining, you can kind of quickly get the poles in the corners and then go inside and finish the job. Guinness had a vestibule too from the Bibler I-tent (same design) and we used that on Shasta as well.

It was very hot and baking in the sun and it was hot inside of it, but it was hot everywhere.

I've looked at the Firstlight and also the Skylight (which is a 3-person tent but it has what looks like an awesome skylight to view from.

Jay