Bondcliff camping

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dluxcheez

Reaction score
I'm planning on doing a Bonds hike and want to go in from the south on the Wilderness Trail and camp near the start of the Bondcliff Trail. Can anyone tell me if I'll be able to find a spot(s) for 2 or 3 tents in this area? Thanks.

I did this two years ago, hiked in about a mile up the Bondcliff trail. Found a rather flat section on the right side off the trail in some ferns. It made for a nice camp (we set up two tents easily) but the guy who was with me got sick on the summit of Bondcliff and we decided to hike it all the way out that evening.

There are some nice spots about .5 miles up the Bondcliff trail, just at the first stream crossing. Cross the stream (the trail stays on the other side) and head back 200 feet and you'll start seeing them.

The junction of the Bondcliff trail and the Wilderness trail is the site of old Camp 16, and no camping is allowed there. Rangers do check out this trail and will bust you if you are not 200' from the trail (Wilderness Area rules) so make the effort.

-dave-