Boot Sale at EMS (30% off) (December 13 Only)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSettahr

Reaction score
EMS has up to 30% off selected winter boots today only. Plus you get a 25 buck gear card for spending more than 100 dollars.

http://www.ems.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=11022042

Looks like some of the sizes are quite limited for many of those boots though. Must be a clearance sale.

Coincidentally, the tread is starting to disintegrate on my older winter boots after about 5 years, and I'm considering a new pair. Does anyone have any experience using the Sorel Men's Alpha Trac with strap on crampons?

I don't need a technical boot (I have plastic boots as well), just something for snowshoeing and occasional crampon use if needed. My old pair of boots are North-Face, and I've been quite happy with them . I'm attracted to the removable liners in the Sorels, though, as well as the lace-less design. It seems like they might be better for overnights in the woods, and useful on most of the Adirondack high peaks (the ones without serious above treeline exposure).