Boston Beer Night March 5th Thursday!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Edited -- okay, we're in. We'll have dinner there that night. If you see a tall women with two little blonde kids eating at a table, please come over and say hi, or at least wave a beer in our general direction.

Last edited:
Not sure - Una_dogger has to work late that evening. We'll see how it goes as the date gets closer!

Argh! No I'm not in, I have an AMC planning meeting that night. Any thought of changing it to Thursday night?

Um, never mind. Somehow I thought this was Wed night - don't ask me how I got that confused. Jet lag! That's it, it was the jet lag!

You read my mind - I was thinking of posting a Boston beer night soon too. I'll be there!

I've got something from 7-10, so I'll either be there either or late... I'm not sure which yet. look forward to seeing folks!

We have to bail -- my youngest now has a cold which is getting worse by the hour. I think by 6:30 she'll either be asleep or really really cranky...best to keep her home.

Looking forward to next time.

I will leave work around 5:30 or 5:45 and be there around 6:15. Hopefully I won't be all by myself for long!

I will leave work around 5:30 or 5:45 and be there around 6:15. Hopefully I won't be all by myself for long!

I'm sure you'd do just fine all by yourself....just smile and you won't be alone for long!!:D

Have a few for me everyone!!!

Wish I could join in!!

Let me state first that the original plan was to finish my run and head out the the Boston beer night at the Burren.

It had been a hell of a day, and I had recently read some sobering material on the value of beer as a post-run recovery drink. I cracked open a Long Trail Ale and became impressed with all the scientific proof of how good an idea this is. Chocalate milk, move over.

After a shower, I felt that a second recovery beverage was in order after a good effort. Motivation... fading...

Knowing I would regret missing a good time, I tried calling one of the participants cell to see if it was worth heading out at 8:00. It was not the voice I was expecting. The man who answered spoke only Spanish.

Thanks to a delightfully mispent childhood and the academic rigors of Malden High School, I think I was able to say something my wife later laughed and informed me was, "Bad number is sorry. Good night."

With that, the third beer was opened.

For the day I've had, I'm too well primed to risk heading home after several more. I'll miss the company and hope you had a blast. Yeah, I suppose I chickened out...

Bad number is sorry.

Good night.

So ... where's the trip report? I was hoping to be there but got bogged down with a HOG, a Brazilian and a bottle of tequila.

So ... where's the trip report? I was hoping to be there but got bogged down with a HOG, a Brazilian and a bottle of tequila.

I don't know Stan, I think a TR of your evening sounds WAY more interesting.