Bradley Pond area Conditions

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PackMule

Reaction score
I am looking to see if anyone has been in the Bradley Pond area lately. I am planning an overnight to the Santanoni's and wondering just how bad the trail is near Bradley. I have not been there in a few years and as I remember, the mud was crotch deep the last time I was there in the summer. I have to assume with all the rain we have had over the past week or so it will be really bad.
Any info is appreciated.

We visited the three yesterday with perfect weather conditions. Last mile to Bradley was the worse section of our loop (Panther, Couch and Santa at the end of the day).The Bradley Pond beaver crossing offers a couple of shaky logs floating in 5-foot deep water. As there was an extremely easy crossing a few yards below/before where drainage is very narrow immediately down the new beaver dam, we opted for that solution not wanting to risk a dive. Where we crossed the woods appear tight but they are for only 5 feet, after wards it is very open and an immediate right turn gets you to the left of a very erratic within 30 seconds and then in another 15 seconds once is at the regular crossing.
The best section of the herdpaths is the one from Couch swamp to Couch summit, it was dry and nice footing. New illegal summit sign is as ugly as sin, whoever put that up has no respect for the mountains for installing such a tacky board.

Just be glad you aren't accessing it via Duck Hole. The trail north of Bradley Pond gets much, much worse (but eventaully turns into one of the nicest hiking trails in the Adirondacks). :)

Nice, thanks for the info guys. Just hope that the weather holds for a few more days and things stay sorta dry.