BSP South Branch Crew

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

100th Monkey

Reaction score
To: So. Branch VFTT Crew
Date: Sunday Feb 18 @ Gettin Dark
After the long 13 mile slog it was so nice to come into the bunkhouse with the woodstove stoked and a party going on.
MEB, thanks for all of your handy AT Through hiking tips.
Nate will need them come April 1!
Darlene & Donna, you girls need to settle down! Lean To #5 looks like a bear hit it.
I am pretty sure the Boy Scouts do not have a Secret Beaver Merit Badge but I'll take that up at the next pack meeting.
Jennifer, good luck and have fun in the Pyrenees.
Shawn (Shizzmac), I did a little research and it is apparently true that butt funk does not stick to sheep's wool.
Brett, Mike and every one else whose name I was too tired to remember, maybe our paths will cross again soon.
Monday's haul to Russell Pond was nothing compared to the ups, downs and 50 degree slopes we had to navigate our sleds over to get to Roaring Brook at 7 PM Tuesday night.
We were looking at 13 miles at a 1 mile per hour drag rate to leave BSP's south gate Wednesday but thanks to the weather gods, Pamola and the Katahdin Lake snowmobilers, we were able to ski out before dark.
After dragging the black Monster sled for 45 miles, I am seriously going ultralight on future trips!

Last edited:
Photographic Evidence - Not Photoshopped!

I do not have any photographic evidence of Bigfoot but I do have proof that there was a party of some sort goin on at the South Branch bunkhouse on 2/18.
MEB, Jen & Scott Gardner obviously had a good time.
BSP 2013 SoBrnch1  (1).jpg
BSP 2013 SoBrnch1  (2).jpg