Burnt Hill/Mountian (next to Sugarloaf)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danacus

Reaction score
Someone posted about this mountain a while back, but I can't find it. My questions is, how do you get to the trail head? Can someone describe this climb? Also, where can I find a map? None of my guide books have this mountain listed in it.

Thanks.

Dana

drive up to the base lodge and park, go through the hotel archway,bear left,cross over the ski trail and get on bigelow mtn road,cross the street and stay on bigelow mtn rd,follow it to the end,kinda hook a right and a quick left goin' downhill alittle,the trail will be on your right. it's a very easy hike thru nice woods. pick up a cross country ski map at the lodge it shows a rough outline of the trail on it.
all of those directions cover about 2 to 3 tenths of a mile to the trailhead :D

The view from the summit of Burnt Hill was amazing on Sunday.............we saw Katahdin!! All snow covered and beautiful!
It was quite the enjoyable hike, we carried snowshoes, but it had been traveled on Saturday by quite a few hikers and we never needed to take them off our packs.
There is even a loop hike that you can do over the summit (shows that on the XC ski map) if you want!

For those who prefer the rugged approach, Pat and I bushwhacked from the King Pine chair lift (leftmost lift as you face the mountain). We headed for the ridge just above the col. It was easy going and the ridge walk was spectacular. I don't think there were any trails in the early 90's.

audrey said:
I don't think there were any trails in the early 90's.
We bushwhacked from the parking lot, I don't think the road PB describes was there either!

Yet another peak that grew a trail.

Burnt mt is great. It was probably me that you saw post some info. Great 360 views from the top. Anyhoo, check out my shutterbook pics if ya want a preview. I think that the other link that someone posted has the directions.