Cabot Conditions?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hardyb

Reaction score
Does anyone know the condition on and around Cabot? Planning on doing Cabot on Saturday and I know the conditions from now until Saturday can change dramaticly but I'd like to get an idea. My main question is will snow shoes be needed? There may be a few in our group that don't have snowshoes or are reluctant to use them, I need a trail report that will incourage them to use them or at least carry them if needed.

reluctant to use snowshoes..those people should stay home??

I was at Unknown Pond on Saturday. There was 18 to 24 inches up there. Probably will be more on Cabot.

hardyb said:
Does anyone know the condition on and around Cabot? Planning on doing Cabot on Saturday and I know the conditions from now until Saturday can change dramaticly but I'd like to get an idea. My main question is will snow shoes be needed? There may be a few in our group that don't have snowshoes or are reluctant to use them, I need a trail report that will incourage them to use them or at least carry them if needed.

There are some trail conditions via Bunnel Notch that gives you an idea how the current conditions. As for snow shoes, make those without go last as depending on how many are in your group it'll be broken by then, hopefully.

dug said:
As for snow shoes, make those without go last as depending on how many are in your group it'll be broken by then, hopefully.

What good are they if they can't take their turn in line breaking trail? I'd say they're freeloaders! :)

There are posts from 12/9 and 12/10 on the trail conditions.

Last edited: