Camp Peggy O. 2/24-2/27/08

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazymama

Reaction score
I'm putting together another trip to Camp Peggy O'Brien as Tom's trip on 3/10 is full and its not fair that they should have all the fun. :)

You will see that this is almost identical to Tom's trip, except two weeks earlier and starting on a Sunday. Here are the details:

Camp Peggy O'Brien--3.5 mile hike from TH, near JBL. Sleeps 12 on bunks, all in one room. Propane heated. Has a cook stove and cooking implements. Water from brook nearby, must be boiled or treated.

Bring your own food.

Hike in Sunday, 2/24. Hike out Wed, 2/27.

Cost is $65 per person. (I'm an ADK member, so I get the 10% discount). Once I have 11 people signed up I'll ask for the money. The sign up and the money collection all needs to occur before 12/24/07 which is the last date I can get my deposit back, and also the date that the balance is due. Once you send in your money it won't be refunded unless someone takes your place.

I initially posted this on adkhighpeaks a few days ago, and so far there are 7 signed up:

me
Prino
Mimi
MattC
Dawn
highonlife
teejay

We've got 5 spots left. Post if you would like in on this trip.

Lyle

Doug,
Are you planning to use this as a base camp so you can bag #46 Haystack? If so let me know so I can join you.

I'll probably be done with my W by then, I'll just be hiking whatever comes up. But I'm thinking it's a great spot to bag haystack from and come back over Basin and Saddleback. I'd like to get some skiing in too.

prino said:
I also might have two more for the list but won't find out till tomorrow evening.

Looking forward to this....Should be a blast!

Just got back from the pub with Jacko and his buddy Dave and they are definitely IN !! They are super keen to Ice climb the North face of Gothics on one of the days. Jacko (Martin) is a member on here but Dave is not,but a good friend of ours.... hope this works.

Trip full now

We've got 12 now:

me
Prino
Highonlife
Mimi
MattC
Dawn
teejay
Hillman
Valerie
TMax
TMax's friend
One of Prino's friends (Jacko or Dave)

Wait list:
One of Prino's friends (Jacko or Dave)
Alistair--if a spot on Sunday night opens up

Thanks for your interest...I'll be contacting via PM for the $$ details.

Two spots open

Please read my first post in this thread for the details. I've currently got TWO spots open for this trip.

If you are sure you want in on this trip, please post here. Payment will need to be sent within 24 hours of my confirmation PM to you. (Please do not say you want in unless you are sure and are prepared to send the payment immediately.)

We've got 8 confirmed for the camp so far: me, Prino, Mimi, Hillman, HighonLife, teejay, TMax and friend. I've heard from everyone thats done this before that its a great base camp for the Great Range in winter.

ALSO: Alistair is interested in Sunday night only. If you would like to split a spot with Alistair (he would take Sunday night, and you would take Monday, Tuesday nights) please let me or Alistair know.

4 spots left

I'm thinking about pulling a sled into JBL with all of my provisions. (My husband made a couple of homemade pulks for me awhile back using plastic sleds. If anyone else in the group wants to borrow the other one please let me know.)

As I mentioned before, I need the whole Great Range. This is my tentative plan--I'm sure it is a bit ambitious, but I'd rather overplan and then scale back if necessary:

Sunday--hike in early to Camp Peggy O. and leave the sled. Climb Big Slide.

Monday--Haystack and Basin

Tuesday--Saddleback, Gothics, Armstrong, Upper Wolf Jaw. And then if I have anything left, Lower Wolf Jaw.

Wednesday--hike out.

I think I am going to leave Marcy for another time.

It will be nice to return to a warm hut with good food and drink and lively company each night!:) We may get to celebrate a Winter 46 finish too!

What do others want to hike?

I've gotten an information sheet from ADK about the cabin. I'll send it to all who have signed up so far.