Carrigain Anyone?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kathiecamper

Reaction score
Hello there - I am hoping to do Mt.Carrigain next weekend - 10/25 or 10/26 -and would like company. Being new (as of yesterday) to this site I am an "unknown" to all of you. My trail name is "Tigger". I 'missed connections' with Amy - aka "poison ivy" - to join her yesterday as she finished her list. I want to do Carrigain, 'cause the weekend of Halloween, I'm doing the entire Pemi Wilderness Loop. I will finish my NH "48's" on that trip. Anyone interested?

kathiecamper said:
Hello there - I am hoping to do Mt.Carrigain next weekend - 10/25 or 10/26 -and would like company.
Oct 25-6 is Mon-Tues. I can usually make a mid-week hike, but not the weekend.

I'm at 44, and I need Carrigain. But I'm thinking I'll save it for last :rolleyes: . Can't make midweek right now anyhow.. Good luck. Maybe another time.

Corrected dates

Kathiecamper posted this followup as a separate thread:

When I posted the Carrigain Hike I meant Sat 10/23 or Sun 10/24.Had a 'senior moment', was looking at the month of Sept. duh!! too much work, not enough sleep. Thanks for your understanding.....

Kathie, in general you should edit your original message (if you view it there will be an "edit" icon/marker you can click on) so that new readers will see the corrected date. Also, to make really sure, you can reply to yourself in the thread. But making a new thread causes a discontinuity (as you can see by people making new posts referring to midweek).

Welcome to VFTT!
:)

We will be doing Carrigain on Sunday. It will be our 48th. We don't hike fast so we will try to get an early start. So if you want some company we will be there.

I will be on Carrigan on Sunday. Hope to see some of you there! I will be at the trailhead around 9:30. :D

Looks like Carrigan is going to be busy place this weekend. By the looks of the forecast, I plan to be climbing it Saturday. Would like a reasonably early start. Send me a message if you want to join me.

BTW I dont plan to take the "alledged shortcut" down via vose spur! :D

Carrigain Saturday

Christie and I are meeting at the New Hampton (Exit 23) off I-93 at 8am at the park & ride. We are carpooling from there... Kathiecamper

We'll be doing it Sun. it will be our 48th. I hope to be on the trail by 8. The starting temps will be down below freezeing with winds seems.

I'll be the one that will be huffing and puffing.

Good luck to all

CaptCaper it was nice meeting you and Tesno (I am the guy who took your picture at the summit). Thanks for sharing your gps wisdom. I checked and my etrex vista doesn't have the antenna port so I guess its time to trade up.

Congrats again on completing the 48's!

JBGuinness said:
CaptCaper it was nice meeting you and Tesno (I am the guy who took your picture at the summit). Thanks for sharing your gps wisdom. I checked and my etrex vista doesn't have the antenna port so I guess its time to trade up.

Congrats again on completing the 48's!

Thanks JB from the wife and me.

We decided to go back on a clear day as well as the others that were fogged in to "keep going" so to say.

If you need any more info or good lobster coordinates pm or email me. ;)

Jim