Carrigain run via Desolation

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sasquatch

Reaction score
Resuming my quest to run the 48 after I got derailed in October ............

My original plan was to do a pemi run today but by the time I got Glen off to school and went to the town hall I realized it was too late and picked Carrigain. Calves were a little tight out of the gate but by the time I reached the Carrigain notch trail they loosened up a bit.The first 1.7 miles on the Signal ridge are easy running and it continues on the CNT for awhile till it hits some more technical and steep terrain approaching he Pemi boundary.I walked up this part but at the boundary the trail begins a gradual descent of mostly smooth single track that transitions into mostly flat and winding singletrack, mostly smooth.I really enjoyed this section all the way to the Desolation trail junction 1 hour and 20 minutes in.Began the climb up Desolation ,no running here.I thought about Mats with his huge pack going up this trail.About an hour later I hit the summit and chatted for about 15 minutes then the real fun began,5 miles of downhill.Glorious.Kept the tunes fast and heavy and was back at the car before I knew it.Round trip 3:45.

Runnin from the past.......Fueled by rage