Cascade Weekend Climb

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blacklab2020

Reaction score
Clarksville, MD Avatar: Babo, SE Arete, Summit
I am going to Seattle on business... I Have a weekend to do a climb, and am looking for suggestions. I have never been hiking out there.

The plan is to be at the trailhead Friday night and back in Seattle late on Sunday.

I am ideally looking for a climb rated 3rd or 4th class or a challenging/spectacular hike.

As always with this site, I am sure your suggestions won't dissappoint.

Best,
Justin

FYI, you might wanna also post this over on SummitPost (General forum or the PNW-specific forum) or CascadeClimbers.

I know that some of us VFTT folks have climbed/hiked out West, but the forums I mentioned above might be more fertile "fishing grounds" for the information you're lookin' fer...

Have a good trip. (I'm jealous!)

If your time gets compressed, remember little Mount Si as a back up plan. A couple thousand feet of vertical on a nice switchback trail in the woods, and it's got an beautiful little rock tower on top with some mild exposure and a pointy summit. About an hour outside Seattle.

When are you going to be over? Snow levels might dictate at least the type of footwear and gear you bring.
I don't know of too many loops you could do on trails but there are plenty of backcountry routes that would be very scenic. The best forum for hikes and 3rd and 4th class might be nwhikers.net... and also summitpost - get in touch with klenke or mcash.

North Twin Sister's West Ridge is a nice one dayer 4th class with awesome views of Baker.

Bring your rock shoes and if I'm around we'll go do something classic ;)
West or East ridge of Forbidden...
North ridge of Stuart...
South face of Prussik...
Serpentine arete on Dragontail...