Catskill hike on Friday - 12/31

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hikethe115

Reaction score
Lock Haven, PA; Avatar: the twins on Twin with onl
I'm planning on doing a Catskill hike this Friday. My current plan is to do Graham and then if all goes well, maybe go up Balsam Lake as well. There is a small list of other Catskills I might be persuaded to do instead. If anyone is interested, let me know.

Hey Dawn,

I definitely want to hike Friday, since I have the day off and need to be in Fleischmanns that evening anyhow. I'm supposed to be hiking w/ Don L, and we had all but settled on Panther, w/ an outside chance of Slide. As you know, the first four winter peaks are my priorities right now, but Graham does sound tempting, and it's also very close to Fleischmanns. I'll have to think about this and talk to Don.

BTW, I absolutely agree w/ your mention on my Balsam post about hiking in snow/real winter conditions. I can't wait-if only the weather would cooperate. :( It's supposed to be another week much like last-warm temperatures and possibly rain, all of which could once again make the snow disappear. I guess we'll all just have to wait and see.

For anyone who is thinking of hiking with us, but haven't responded, we will meet at the Kingston Park and Ride (KGN thruway exit, enter traffic circle, exit Rt. 587, park and right is immediately on the right) at 7:30 AM. Feel free to show up or to meet us at the trail head. Right now there are 4 of us going. I may hike Bearpen and Vly on Monday in case anyone is interested in that.