Catskill Night Hike - Halcott - Thursday, 3/4/04

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Repeat

Reaction score
A group of us will be doing a night hike to Halcott, in the Catskills on Thursday, March 4, 2004, beginning at 7:00 PM at the parking area on Rt 42. This is as close to the full moon as we could get together. Please feel free to come and join us. Since this is a bushwack, I would suggest safety glasses or goggles become part of your normal winter gear. While the full moon experience with a nice snow cover is rewarding, it's not quite as easy to see those small branches. Often if conditions are good - we hike part of the way without headlamps, just to add to the experience. You gain an entire new perspective on these wonderful mountains.

I would love to go with you but have a previous engagement - the Banff film festival and NYC VFTT gathering. I wish you the best of luck and the hike sounds great, just be careful! I haven't done Halcott yet but should get to it this spring.

By the way, if you like hiking by the light of the moon you ought to go up Overlook sometime at night - awesome! I know it's an easy hike but the views......

Imagine not just doing all the Catskill 3500 but doing them all at night in winter.

so many mountains, so little time......

Last edited: