Chocorua May 6th

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LenDawg

Reaction score
Drewski and I started up the Jim Liberty Trail after sleeping over at Camp Chinook around 1000 on Saturday morning. The weather was nice. It was warm, let’s say in the mid 60’s, with some high clouds. After two or three pots of coffee, the Professor and I started up. We had a good conversation and made decent time to the cabin. There we saw a few kids who stayed over sitting on top of the cabin for a group picture. You have to like a cabin that is chained down!

Drew and I jotted up the rock façade of Chocorua’s peak. We were greeted with cheers by the two stars of any hike: the Bopsy Twins, Rachel and Mary Ellen. They were in turn greeted by something so ghastly and grotesque, I can’t even dare write any more about it in this trip report. Thank GOD none of us turned to stone!

Damon was with Little Sister and MEB, catching up with them about ten minutes after the girls started. They had taken the Piper Trail to Carter Ledge to the top. Our group enjoyed the great views and beautiful, though cool, weather at the top. The “show” started with discussions ranging from men with orange hats, to the possible conversion of Sister Mary Ellen. People were laughing, snorting, and farting at the top. It was fun.

We headed down Hammond to Weetamoo Trail, then out to the Piper parking lot. Damon had to hit the road so he took off. Meanwhile, the other four of us headed to Camp Chinook for a small gathering. Through the car spots and picking up Christine, MEB and I saw a close up of a moose crossing the road. Thankfully, all three of us were okay.

This was a nice little hike on one of the most majestic mountains in the whites. And what made it more special was the group.

View pics: http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLa...de=fromshare&Ux=0&UV=673477074927_34597963908

Reactions: MEB
Hey Lenny! Great hiking with you again. :) We sure did get a good day and there is nothing like spending time on the summit. And for the record, I almost turned to stone when the "full moon" appeared a week ahead of schedule...yikes!

Thank goodness you were in the car when the moose jumped out otherwise I would have been face to face with him in the windshield. :eek: Thankfully no apparant injury to the moose and no damage to the car.

-MEB

MEB,
We saw her the next day in the same spot. Kind of spooked by the car which is good, I think. I will keep and eye out for her, especially if on my bike!! I saw her brother this morning on the other side of my house, he was so CUTE!! ;)