Chocorua

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spongebob

Reaction score
Well I got around to the posting the pictures for the Chocorua hike on Sunday. Nice meeting Peakbagger, Stopher, Stan, Eric, Marilyn(spelling), Barbara and Spidersolo.

Here is the link to the trip pictures. And yes John made it up!!!
CLICK HERE

We will see if I did the link right.

Worked fine for me - nice shots! Chocorua is a great mountain, so often overlooked, yet so often overlooked because it's not a 4000-footer. Glad you had a great trip!

However ... Sponge Bob with the Turtle was very disturbing...
:eek:

Last edited:
Thanks pictures looked great!

Yes Spongebob does seems to look...um......." more experinced in life".

Somehow more "worldly".....though perhaps a bit nearsighted......

Great pictures spongebob! - thanks so very much for sharing them. It truly was a great hike with some great views, lots of laughs and friends made (I think spongebob + turtle sister Trudy are just friends!?) Happy hiking!

Thanks, spongebob. Great pictures of a fun hike with some wonderful people. I'm sure we all thank you for NOT showing pictures of any of us not-so-gracefully sliding down the ice on Brook Trail and I'm sure Marilyn thanks you for not including a picture of her torn pants. Excellent foresight, Marilyn, to color-match your windpants and longjohns.

Once again, Chocorua demonstrated that elevation is not always proportional to challenge.

Nice photos spongebob, thanks for the album. It was great meeting and hiking with you all, all for the first time except Peakbagger. Hope we can rendezvous another time.

One of the things that amazed me was that, even up in the far reaches of Chocorua, they had to chain that cabin down so no one would steal it. And, what a coincidence, to be on a hike with spider solo and stopher who each ordered their facial hair from the same boutique (see the group photo at trails end). How observant of stopher to notice the color coordination of Marilyn's layers ... meanwhile, I was wondering, "how many layers, how many more slides?"

Those of us with 4 point in-step crampons, who didn't bother to put them on, are grateful for the patience and teamwork of everyone else in maneuvering the ice. Special thanks to John who helped me recover my position after having, as is my fashion, wandered off in an unsuccessful search for a route less traveled ... which I found but I also found out why.

Thanks again all, it was an invigorating start to our vacation ... the people and the place.

Stan said:
And, what a coincidence, to be on a hike with spider solo and stopher who each ordered their facial hair from the same boutique (see the group photo at trails end).
Hey! Watch what you say! My beard has nowhere near as much grey as spider's.