Cliff Mt in winter?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drweo

Reaction score
Is anyone thinking about climbing Cliff in winter from the Flowed Lands side? I did that years ago by following a track I read about on VFTT, and I would like to do it again, but not solo. I was hoping someone who knows that route was planning to go this winter so I could join the climb, assuming schedules and weather cooperate!

Are you thinking about the trail to the Redfield-Cliff col and then the herd path? Or directly from Flowed Lands?
If direct, you'll want to have some deep snow with a good crust. Wait until the post freeze after a January thaw, or in March with a good, frozen base.
Otherwise, IMO you'd be better off going by way of the regular herd path.

Cliff

Are you thinking about the trail to the Redfield-Cliff col and then the herd path? Or directly from Flowed Lands?
If direct, you'll want to have some deep snow with a good crust. Wait until the post freeze after a January thaw, or in March with a good, frozen base.
Otherwise, IMO you'd be better off going by way of the regular herd path.

Thanks for the response/info. I was talking about directly from Flowed Lands. I followed a snowshoe track up that route years ago, in early March. It was a good way to get to Cliff. I was hoping someone with a bit more navigation skill than I have was planning to try it this winter. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Thanks again!