Cold, cold hands

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone own / used / have any experience with the North Face Himalayan Mitts? They are on sale at REI right now for 69.83.

Warm Hands

Just like your body, Layers, Layers, Layers! Thin poly glove liners, heavier poly gloves, heavy poly mitts, & 2 pairs of Goretex or similar mitt shells. Use them alone or various combinations. And take more as needed for wet conditions. Also key, as mentioned above, keep the rest of your body fueled, & warm, and your hands will be happier. Take more small stops rather than just a couple of long rests. If they do get cold, loosen your grip on whatever, and wiggle them a little. On the flip side, you can cool yourself down by removing your gloves &/or hat.
Enjoy
Tom

I have a pair of OR fleece mittens with shells and I wear them with polypro glove liners and my hands still get really cold! I was looking at the new campmor catalogue and I saw a wristband that holds hand warmers over the arteries in your wrist, and they claim that they keep your hands warm. They are cheap so I might try them. Has anyone else seen them? If so do they work?

--Darwin