Cold/Flu Season = Less Hiking Days?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RollingRock

Reaction score
Has this year's cold/flu season affected anyone's hiking plans this year? There has been a lot people out at work since the holidays. I caught a cold at the beginning of this year but it started on Monday so I was OK by Saturday to hike. Just when I thought I got rid of it, the cold [maybe flu this time] came back suddenly this Monday. However this time I think I'll have to cancel this Saturday's plans. DAMN!

I had a touch of flu like symptoms on a Twins-Galehead hike last Saturday. Made for an tough 14 miles. Now I have a cold. What the heck. With several people sick here at work it's no surprise. I'm glad I don't have any hiking plans for the weekend.

For better or worse, I got sick after we arrived in Maine for a week of peakbagging. So, I just sucked it up, and we hiked as much as I could stand.

The cold/flu season hasn't affected my hiking plans but these FREEZING COLD temps sure have!!! Grrrrrrrrrr.

I was sick when I hiked (crawled!) Tecumseh last Sunday, but didn't get really sick until returning to work on Tuesday, when I broke my personal sneezing record. Homemade chicken noodle soup from the school cafe really, really helped!

I turned around after less than half a mile on my most recent hike because I didn't have any zip, just as well as I stopped for half-hour nap on 1.5 hour drive home

A couple days later, had 2 forkfuls of dinner then went right to bed

Should be getting over it by now but taking it easy in the cold

I had a bad cold in late September that knocked me out for a week, then I had an infected tooth needing a redo of an old root canal, with lots of pain and then I got bronchitis that started in November that lasted 6 weeks, then my terminally ill mother contracted pneumonia and passed away 2 days before xmas so yah I would say my outdoor activities have been impacted.

I am getting over bronchitis but not before it cost me a four day weekend in NH over MLK weekend. Instead of fun in the snow in NH it was a long weekend of coughing at home.

Had a roaring sinus infection over last 2 weeks. Felt pretty cr@ppy.