Colorado July 18 - 25

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RGF1

Reaction score
Avatar. The Maroon Bells . I live In NH and Near
I have some free time and an going to be in Coolrado for a while I am in the Aspen areaI ve small condo and hae set a side freetime the wek of july 18 -25 for hikeing I haveo othedaty but I would be willingot hopuse and hike withafe fromher afe days i can get ya tote top of a 24 k peak in the Elks
If you are intersted in a place to stay along with a 14 nt or tow let me knoein a pN all you need is f a flight car rental . Mt Elbert isaboutan hour away if that eay hike La Plata much better ill go on that 0ne

Also some hikes top get used to altitiude I know a good number please
PM

Last edited:
Hey tp bad I wpiuld have Put yah up . i ll be doing some work for the USFS fora few weeks clearing some Avy debis and cutting chiansaw in a wildernessare a to re rout at Trail . Iget top hike horse pack in saw oh boy this is gonna be fun Ihave only been onhorse once ! No Iwill ot post pics do nto even ask no how no chance no way .
Gots to save face here . i like all lcritters biut me on horse hahah

o Oh Im sure some how soem one will sneek em on the net :D

Hey Rick!
I horsepacked through the Fossil Ridge area of the West Elk Wilderness waaaaay baaaack in oh...1988! Yup, for my 21st Bday in fact.

You'll be fine, even though never being on a horse makes you a "dude".

:D

It will be intersting to say the least . I want ot llaam pack I oike the idea of a critter carryinmgall my stuff . I wonder IfI could find pople intersed in Chicago Basin next summer it is a cool rtrain ride and along hike ot a amazing Alpine Basin with some toyugher 14,000 ft peaks and the Cat Walk on Elous . The views from theSuminmtsaere amazing on a really clearday you can pick out high 13,00ft peaks in New Mexico the Elksand Sawaytcgh alpng with Some of the Uthah desert andtravel trough a amazing varaitey of claimtatic zones from high desert to alpin tundra and rock and year round fields . Along withaltoghet to hungry anfd freindly Mt Gaits ,Marmots and Pikas and a fewtpyes of birds . maybe a coyete or bear too along with n mule deer an elk
well worth it the train ride is a adventure in itself .