conditions on noonmark (ADK)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adk_dib

Reaction score
what are the conditions on noonmarks north side. Is it icy, or snowpacked? will snowshoes do or will i need crampons? I am heading up there tomorrow, thanks.

I was there on 3/6. Used crampons up the Stimson trail and snowshoes down Felix Adler. The top was exposed rock. I'm sure there is less snow now.

Hendrix

Rik,
I thought that "life is but a joke" quote was from Hendrix...

daxegraphix said:
Rik,
I thought that "life is but a joke" quote was from Hendrix...

daxegraphix: Originally Bob Dylan (All Along the Watch Tower," see here), done by Hendrix and others.

Adk_dib: if you can, let us know what conditions you find and which trail you took. Will you also do Round? We're thinking of doing either or both on 3/16. Thanks!

Anyone want to join us?

sorry RHIHN, I woke up at 6:00 am to let the dog out and it was snowing like crazy. I checked the weather map and report and it was predicting 3-6 inches of snow with wind gust up to 50 mph! :eek: I really wanted a nice day to climb noonmark so I wimped out. :eek: Plus i didn't want to drive 3 hours one way in that stuff. I will try again this weekend. :)
I think I met you guys coming down goodnow. you were climbing with Bubba I believe.

Adk_dib said:
sorry RHIHN, I woke up at 6:00 am to let the dog out and it was snowing like crazy. I checked the weather map and report and it was predicting 3-6 inches of snow with wind gust up to 50 mph! :eek: I really wanted a nice day to climb noonmark so I wimped out. :eek: Plus i didn't want to drive 3 hours one way in that stuff. I will try again this weekend. :)
I think I met you guys coming down goodnow. you were climbing with Bubba I believe.

Thanks, we may try N. or R. tomorrow (Thursday), conditions permitting, and if so, we'll post. Yes, that was us with Bubba, and teejay (already at the top!).